Navigating the website and keeping your profile up-to-date |
1) Logging in
- You need a username and password to login.
- Your username is your email. (If you’ve recently updated your email, please let us know so we can adjust your profile accordingly.)
- If you have a profile, and an email/username, but have forgotten your password, please click “Lost Your Password” and type in your email and you will be sent a temporary password which you can use to login and then change to something easier to remember. Check your inbox for that email!
- If for some reason you do not receive the email with a new password, please check your spam or junk box in your email. Sometimes those emails end up there.
- If you’re still locked out, please fill out the “trouble logging in” form and I will help you troubleshoot or reset your password.
- If you do not have a profile yet, please contact me (Mary Ireland at firstname.lastname@example.org) or fill out the” trouble logging in” form.
2) Updating your profile
You MUST update your profile for your information to be correct in the hardcopy directory published in the spring. To do so, please:
- Log in, per instructions above, and either:
- Navigate to the “member profile” at the far top right and edit your profile there
- OR — navigate to the “Member Directory” (under the “Directory” tab), see what’s already posted for you and then click the “Edit Your Profile” button to make any changes.
3). Posting News and Events
The website is also for sharing your news (relevant to CP). If you have something important to add to the calendar or share with the Park, please upload your news or event on the site.
- For events (to be added to the calendar), please go to this page: https://castlepark.org/submit-an-event/ (or look for the green button on the member homepage at the bottom of the events column)
- For news and announcements, please visit this page: https://castlepark.org/post-news/ (or look for the green button on the member homepage at the bottom of the news column)
4) Staying logged in
There is no need to log out when you exit the site (unless you’re visiting someplace — e.g. China, Bulgaria, Russia, etc. — where hacking is more of a problem). If you check “keep me logged in” when you first log in, you won’t need to log in again on that device except every three weeks or thereabouts (password-protected sites automatically prompt a fresh login every so often for security purposes).